Video Guides and How-To’s
Videos for training guidance and information are so much easier to absorb than text that we have been tracking down good videos that have sound advice and good sense to help you both before and after you get your new puppy or rescue dog.
The topics we have covered so far are:
- Excessive Barking – how to manage barking that has become a nuisance and use the barking instinct for “speak” tricks
- Crate Training – Encouraging your puppy or adult dog to regard his crate as a place of safety where he is happy to stay when appropriate
- Choosing a New Puppy – Being honest with yourself about the breed and type of dog that is going to be the best possible fit for your home and family
- Adopting a Rescue Dog – What to expect when you visit a Rescue Centre and how you and your family will be helped to find the right dog for you
- Lead Training – Avoiding those endless battles that only get worse with the years by early, fun and pain-free lead training with your puppy
- Reward Based Training – Understanding the basic theory behind reward based training and how to get it right
- Housetraining Your Puppy – We all have to master this one and consistency is the key, together with perseverance. Definitely not one to give up on
- Stopping Puppy Biting – All puppies do it, and whilst fun to begin with it can become a serious problem. It isn’t hard to stop if the whole family – and visitors – are consistent in their approach
I hope you enjoy them and find they give you something to think about.